So whilst they make sure that it's all up and running when they first install you might find that you need to at least know a bit about SQLServer and IIS. So here's a checklist:
- Do you know how to backup your database?
- Is there more than one database?
- Have you tried restoring the database onto another machine? This is crucial, because a good backup is no use if you can't restore it.
- Do you know how to back up your IIS settings? iisback is the key to this
- Do you know how the application software interacts with IIS?
- Again, have you tried restoring your IIS setup on another machine? Web deploy for IIS 6 and 7 looks like a good (if not straightforward) way of having a standby server.