Do you want to use your IT skills to support the vital work of Bible translation? Based in the UK at the headquarters of Wycliffe Bible Translators, we are seeking IT people to help keep the IT systems running, so that staff here can help recruit and support those doing Bible translation abroad.
We are looking for people who
- are familiar with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
- are familiar with Microsoft Office products from 2000 to 2007
- have Linux skills (desired quality)
- are able to learn new things quickly
- have experience in PC support
- are good at diagnosing problems with hardware (PCs and printers for example)
- are able to use tools to repair machines
Particular qualifications are not required.
You will be working in a small team of specialists and you should be a team player able to work well without close supervision, and also to able work under pressure. You should be able to explain technical concepts to users of differing IT ability, increasing their IT knowledge and confidence. We seek people who are committed to upholding and demonstrating the Christian ethos of Wycliffe UK, and to achieving the core aims and objectives of the organisation.
This would suit someone working through our Intern scheme or someone who has retired and who lives locally to High Wycombe. Unfortunately we are unable to provide work for people working remotely, or for less than 6 months. This position is not salaried.
For more information, or to apply for this job, get in touch.